Pending resource expiration:
- Notice is sent 1 month before expiration. Results/options:
- The sponsor buys a new allocation large enough to contain the data
- The sponsor removes some data or buys enough to cover the gap.
- The sponsor can ask for a temporary extension to overcome budget issues of 3 mo, or 6 mo. With review after that.
- If resolved no more notices are sent
- If no response is received more notices are sent
- 2 weeks before expiration
- 1 week before expiration
- 1 day before expiration
- Immediate RC action: quota is set to block writes.
- Immediate automatic notification/portal alert. Notification sent to sponsor and co-sponsors/admins that data cannot be written and will become inaccessible but recoverable in 28 days.
- Additional notices are sent to all members of the group after
- 2 weeks
- 3 weeks
- 27 days
- 28 days
- At 28 days data is hidden from the users and retained for 5 months. If only a part of the investment expired to take the group under quota the data cannot be hidden, and the state quota persists until the sponsor takes action.
- A notification is sent to all group members that data is inaccessible but still recoverable
Note: The RC director can ask that the data is moved to archival (black) storage at any time during the 5 months that the data is inaccessible.
- Notifications are sent out weekly for the duration of data retention
- At 6 months after expiration: RC staff requests written approval from the director to remove the data. If approved, data is removed.