HiPerGator AI Achieves Highest Top500 Ranking For UF
Ranking the world's high-performance computing systems, the Top500 List was released in June at ISC 2021 (International SuperComputing convention).
HiPerGator-AI placed 22nd in the Top 500 list for supercomputers in the world and 2nd on the Green500 list, which measures performance against energy utilization. This second achievement makes HiPerGator-AI the most efficient supercomputer in higher education globally.
“It is very exciting to see the rankings for HiPerGator AI, the latest addition to University of Florida’s series of supercomputers,” said Research Computing Director Erik Deumens. “It shows that UF faculty and students, and their national and international collaborators have access to a world class computing environment for their education and research.”
Delving deeper into this year’s Top500 rankings show that HiPerGator AI is:
- The third most powerful computer among educational institutions in the world.
- The most powerful computer among educational institutions in the world that did not receive federal funding for the system.
- The eighth most powerful computer in the U.S.
More information about HiPerGator AI.
Other articles containing information about this event:
- The Top500 List of Supercomputers for June of 2021
- The Green500 List of Supercomputers for June of 2021
- University of Florida news article about HiPerGator-AI ranking
- University of Florida Information Technology article about the ranking
- HPCWire article mentioning the Green500 achievement of HiPerGator-AI