HiPerGator Expansion and Upgrade
During the Spring 2016 semester, HiPerGator will expand from 21,000 cores to 50,000 cores, with storage capacity growing from 2 PB to 3 PB.
Several changes and upgrades are happening simultaneously, resulting in a complex process that is taking longer than initially anticipated.
View the migration and integration plan and timeline.
Research Computing provides hardware and software services to the UF research community. Our efforts are focused on activities that depend on large-scale computing activities such as high-performance computing, high-throughput computing, and large data sets known as “big data.”
- Comprehensive support
- Professional hardware maintenance
- Software installation and support
- Timely software patches and updates
- 24×7 system monitoring
- Access to interactive hosts for testing and development
- Ability to use more cores than purchased during periods of non-peak demand
- Large compute cluster for high-performance and high-throughput computing
- Fast storage for large data sets
- Network connectivity via the high-speed Campus Research Network
- System software, compilers, clustering software, and many open source applications
- Home storage space
- A pool of local spare parts to minimize downtime
- Machine room space, electrical power, and cooling