Using grant & Contract funds
While Research Computing equipment and services can be purchased with any type of funds, researchers wish to use funds provided by grants or contracts.
View the guide on using grant and contract funds for more information.
Research Computing provides hardware and software services to the UF research community. Our efforts are focused on activities that depend on large-scale computing activities such as high-performance computing, high-throughput computing, and large data sets known as big data.
- Comprehensive support
- Professional hardware maintenance
- Software installation and support
- Timely software patches and updates
- 24×7 system monitoring
- Access to interactive hosts for testing and development
- Ability to use more cores than purchased during periods of non-peak demand
- Large compute cluster for high-performance and high-throughput computing
- Fast storage for large data sets
- Network connectivity via the high-speed Campus Research Network
- System software, compilers, clustering software, and many open source applications
- Machine room space, electrical power, and cooling