The University of Florida supercomputer is a cluster that includes the latest generation of processors and offers nodes for memory-intensive computation. HiPerGator’s high-performance storage systems can be accessed from diverse interfaces, including Globus, UFApps for Research, and other tools.
UFIT Research Computing maintains the cluster and its many parts, allowing researchers to focus on their research instead of hardware and software maintenance. UFIT Research Computing supports supports a significant number of widely-used applications. Our staff is happy to evaluate and explore additional applications for UF’s research needs.
HiPerGator 3.0 has been growing for nearly a year. Adding GPUs, storage and new processors, HiPerGator 3.0 is taking shape. The GPUs are in production, the new Blue storage will replace /ufrc and we are starting negotiations on replacement processors, expected to go into production in January 2021.
|HiPerGator 1.0||2013||16,000 AMD||
|HiPerGator 2.0||2015||30,000 Intel||
|HiPerGator 3.0||Jan 2021||28,800 AMD EPYC Rome
2.2 GHz Cores
|HiPerGator 3.0||May 2021||8,768 AMD EPYC Milan
3.3 GHz Cores
- Total of 66,000 cores as the 16,000 cores from HiPerGator 1.0 will be retired
- HiPerGator 3.0 already has:
- 608 new NVIDIA RTX 2080TI and RTX 6000 GPU’s
- 4 Petabytes (PB) of new Blue fast storage
- Double Precision LinPack (HPL): ~1 Petaflops
HiPerGator AI NVIDIA DGX A100 SuperPod
- 140 NVIDIA DGX A100 nodes
- 17,920 AMD Rome cores
- 1,120 NVIDIA Ampere A100 GPUs
- 4 PB All-Flash storage
- Over 200 HDR Infiniband and various Ethernet switches for connectivity
- Double precision LinPack (HPL): 13.75 Petaflops
- TOP500 June 2020: Would have been #18
- TOP500 November 2020: Expected low 20’s
- AI Floating Point Operations: 0.7 Exaflops
The latest NVIDIA GPU technology of the Ampere A100 GPU has arrived at UF in the form of two DGX A100 nodes each with 8 A100 GPUs. UF is the first university in the world to get to work with this technology. Visit the UF Artificial Intelligence Initiative website for more information.
For A100 benchmarking results, please see the HPCWire report.
The details of HiPerGator 3.0’s deployment can be found in the News section on our Homepage.