The University of Florida supercomputer is a cluster that includes the latest generation of processors and offers nodes for memory-intensive computation. HiPerGator’s high-performance storage systems can be accessed from diverse interfaces, including Globus, UFApps for Research, and other tools.
UFIT Research Computing maintains the cluster and its many parts, allowing researchers to focus on their research instead of hardware and software maintenance. UFIT Research Computing supports supports a significant number of widely-used applications. Our staff is happy to evaluate and explore additional applications for UF’s research needs.
HiPerGator 3.0 construction was completed mid-2021. A new Blue storage system replaced /ufrc as well, and users are running their jobs on the new cluster in conjunction with the resources that HiPerGator 2.0 still provides.
|HiPerGator 2.0||2015||30,000 Intel||
|HiPerGator 3.0||Jan 2021||30,720 AMD EPYC 7702 Rome
2.0 GHz Cores
|HiPerGator 3.0||May 2021||9,600 AMD EPYC 75F3 Milan
3.0 GHz Cores
- Total of 70,320 cores
- HiPerGator 3.0 has:
- 608 NVIDIA RTX 2080TI and RTX 6000 GPU’s
- 4 Petabytes (PB) of Blue fast storage
HiPerGator AI NVIDIA DGX A100 SuperPod
- 140 NVIDIA DGX A100 nodes
- 17,920 AMD Rome cores
- 1,120 NVIDIA Ampere A100 GPUs
- 2.5 PB All-Flash storage
- Over 200 HDR Infiniband and various Ethernet switches for connectivity
- Double precision LinPack (HPL): 17.2 Petaflops
- TOP500 June 2021: Ranked #22
- Green500 June 2021: Ranked #2
- AI Floating Point Operations: 0.7 Exaflops
- 2x AMD Epy 7742 (Rome) 64-Core processors with Simultaneous Multi-Threading (SMT) enabled, presenting 256 cores per node
- 2TB RAM
- 8x NVIDIA A100 80GB Tensor Core GPUs
- NVSWITCH technology that supports integration of all 8 A100 GPU’s in a system with unified memory space
- 10x HDR IB non-blocking interfaces for inter-node communication
- 2x 100GbE ethernet interfaces
- 28TB NVMe local storage
The latest NVIDIA GPU technology of the Ampere A100 GPU has arrived at UF in the form of an NVIDIA SuperPod. UF is the first university in the world to get to work with this technology. Visit the UF Artificial Intelligence Initiative website for more information.
For A100 benchmarking results, please see the HPCWire report.