To support collaborative research by UF faculty, Research Computing has a number of partnerships with other organizations.
- The Open Scalable File System Consortium (OpenSFS) was created to maintain the Lustre parallel file system as an open source project.
- The Florida Lambda Rail (FLR) provides the high-speed network infrastructure in the State of Florida.
- Internet2 operates the high-speed backbone between research universities and institutions in North America.
- The Southern Universities Research Association (SURA) works to foster excellence in scientific research, to strengthen the scientific and technical capabilities of the nation and of the Southeast, and to provide outstanding training opportunities for the next generation of scientists and engineers.
- Coalition for Academic Scientific Compuation (CASC) is dedicated to advocating the use of the most advanced computing technology to accelerate scientific discovery for national competitiveness, global security, and economic success.
- The Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment (XSEDE) is a single virtual system that scientists can use to interactively share computing resources, data, and expertise. XSEDE is the NSF funded follow-on to the TeraGrid.